Ultimate Superfood Salad
Jan 20, 2015
<![CDATA[Ultimate Superfood Salad
For the Dressing
For the Salad
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups dinosaur kale, tightly packed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Optional Topping: 2 medium avocados, diced
Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing (or put everything in a small blender and blend) and set aside until ready to use.
Add the kale, cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl.
Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated.
Add the parsley, sesame seeds and walnuts and toss again. Top with avocado if desired. May be served as an entrée salad or as a side salad to your favorite meal.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1/8 of salad (does not include avocado)
Calories: 203; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 39mg; Carbohydrates: 13g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 5g
Potassium: 580mg; Vitamin A: 137%; Vitamin C: 134%; Calcium: 13%; Iron: 10%
Click here to view original source
You have successfully signed up!