Hey guys… well guess what? Thursday morning.. ugh the pressure is on now to write… So I was talking to a client recently… these are always my “aha” moments that I love to share because … I KNOW everyone can identify. So this is a client who left YSF training w/ me about three years ago because she had decided she was going to give it a go on her own. I told her she could do it and if she wasn’t following through I would be there for her. My door would always be open. So anyways she came back for a chat and we did an assessment … She was shocked to find out she gained 23 pounds… She had a good cry on the reformer.. not sure why that is.. but the reformer is where all crying happens and then we set up a plan to move ahead. I share this story with you because she just could not believe how that happened. I mean nothing really drastic changed in her life except her workouts were not as intense and definitely not as committed. What I explained to her that this was a culmination of all the small choices she made over this span of time. And believe it or not there is a name for it.. its called the compound effect. Its actually a book my dear friend and client Janet gave me one year and I have read it several times. its called the compound effect by darren hardy.. great great read. I will show you EXACTLY how the compound effect works… here’s a little story.
- take three friends who start off in relatively the same place…
- Sally is a 40 year old mom feels ok … makes no changes (good or bad) over a 2 year span.
- Sandra is also a 40 year old mom who adds a weekly glass of wine to her diet and watches TV on her downtime. I mean she is very stressed at work and loves her new 60 inch screen TV. I mean she deserves a break at the end of her day right? nothing major just a little down time.
- Sammy is also a 40 year old mom who makes some small changes… she is definitely feeling the changes of turning 40 …..so she eliminates 200 calories a day (nothing big just her big glass of orange juice) decides to track her steps… nothing major .. I mean she does have that super fancy apple watch why not right? And she also starts strength training 2 xs a week for 30 mins.Its only one hour I mean come on… no biggie.. she moves ahead.
- Now ……Which of these three people do *you* think end up in a better place two years down the road?