Roasted Chickpea Salad
Jan 4, 2015
<![CDATA[Roasted Chickpea Salad Ingredients:
- 1 can chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (white or portobello)
- 5 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven for 400F degree.
2. In a large bowl mix the chickpeas, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic, 1 tsp salt, and 1 clove minced garlic. Use your hands to rub the chickpeas so that it’s coated evenly.
3. Place the chickpeas on to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Toss and turn the chickpeas on the baking sheet and then bake for another 8-10 minutes.
4. In the mean time, heat up 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp balsamic in a small skillet, and sautee the chopped mushrooms and minced garlic over medium heat for about 6 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Season with a pinch of salt and fresh black pepper. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, prepare the arugula. Mix the remaining tbsp of olive oil (use your fingers to coat the leaves evenly) and the shredded parmesan cheese.
6. Place the arugula on a plate, then place the sautéed mushrooms on top and then the roasted chickpeas. Sprinkle the chopped green onions over the top evenly and even add some more shredded parmesan if you wish.
This should yield 2 small salads, great as an addition to your post workout meal. It doesn’t contain too much protein, so you will have to make up for it in a way of adding some chicken or beef or you can get your protein in some other way according to your personal preference. If I don’t add meat to my salad, then I just drink amino acids supplement to get the protein without adding the extra calories and then I enjoy a large salad. Other times I have a small salad like this and then have a vanilla protein shake with berries on top as a dessert. There are tons of ways to combine different foods in order to give your body what it needs in a way you can enjoy, so don’t limit yourself.
Click to view original source
You have successfully signed up!