Layered Salad With Oil-Free Orange Ginger Dressing
Sep 16, 2012
<![CDATA[Try this tasty and delicious salad dressing recipe.
Yield: Four 16 oz mason jars, with a bit left over
For the salad:
For the dressing (makes four 1/4 cup servings):
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (makes 2.5 cups cooked)
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 2)
- 1.5 cups diced red pepper (1 large)
- 1.5 cups diced green pepper (1 large)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Herbamare or kosher salt, to taste
- 2/3 cup 100% pure orange juice (or use freshly squeezed)
- 1/3 cup 100% pure apple juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- kosher salt, to taste (I used 1/4 tsp)
1. In a medium-sized pot, add quinoa and 1.5 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, until fluffy, about 15-20 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn. Or use the rice cooker….a complete time saver!!
2. Meanwhile, chop the vegetables. In a bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
3. When the quinoa has cooked, grab your 16oz mason jars (if layering), and add into each: 1/4 cup green pepper, 1/4 cup red pepper, 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup carrots, 2 tbsp parsley, and 1/4 cup edamame per mason jar. You may have to push it down a bit. Repeat as necessary. Makes enough for 4 mason jars, with a bit leftover. Alternatively, you can just mix the salad together into a big bowl along with the dressing. Will keep in the fridge for 5-6 days. Ready to grab!!
You have successfully signed up!