<![CDATA[Healthy eating Out - is it possible? Going out to eat can be the biggest struggle when trying to eat healthier, and / or losing weight. It is possible to maintain your healthy life style and enjoy time out with family and friends. In this post I want to share with you some helpful tips for you to take with you next time you go out to a restaurant to be more prepared for your night on the town and make healthy eating out possible.
- Portion sizes in a restaurant are on average 5 times the FDA recommended portion size, so make sure to ask your waiter what the size in and if necessary either ask for smaller portion or a to go box to take with you.
- If it is a large portion ask for the to go box when you get meal, separate ahead of time so you don’t find yourself eating more than you should.
- Always ask for you dressing on the side, that way you can dip it instead of eating more than you need.
- Order a appetizer as your meal, these portion sizes are very realistic
- Don’t order things that have word “Diet” in the title, they are full of artificial sweeteners and toxic for our bodies
- If you order a dish with pasta or bread, ask for lettuce instead, or even spinach
- If comes with sides – ask for a vegetable instead