Crock pots are a great timesaver that not enough people use on a regular basis even though they complain about the lack of time to cook. Here is a wonderful recipe to come home to after a long day of work. Serve with a salad, sautéed greens and a small piece of cornbread or over rice.
BBQ Crockpot Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 cock, cut into 8 pieces
- Barbecue sauce to coat (make your own below)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place pieces of meat in the crock pot.
- Cover with barbecue sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 hours.
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato purée
- 1/2 cup raw cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs blackstrap molasses
- 3 Tbs naturally dried cane sugar such as Rapadura or Sucanat
- 2 tsp hot paprika
- 1 Tbs sea salt
- In a medium-sized pot, warm olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook, uncovered until thick.
- Purée in a blender.