Low Carb Meaty Pizza
Dec 28, 2014
<![CDATA[Ingredients for the topping:
- 1 lb ground beef organic and grass fed
- 16 oz Rao’s home made Marinara sauce (I used it in my Buffalo Pizza Recipe)
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (optional, but worth it)
- 10 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Low Carb Meaty Pizza Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F degree.
2. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients for the dough. I suggest to start with a wooden spoon and as the dough starts to become sticky, and then use your hands to knead the dough.
3. Grease a 9.5 inch x 13 inch baking pan with high walls or some type of casserole dish of similar size.
4. Press the dough firmly and evenly on the bottom of the pan (or dish) and place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. While the dough is baking, we can prepare the sauce. Heat up the tbsp of grape seed oil in a large sauce pan over medium/high heat and add the chopped shallot. Sauté the shallot until it starts to glisten.
6. Add the ground beef and cook until it’s done (about 8-10 minutes).
7. Get rid off any excess of liquids (use a strainer if you have to) and then pour the Marinara sauce over the meat in the sauce pan, but lower the heat to medium.
8. Add the ricotta cheese, minced garlic, and mushrooms and mix it all in. Taste it and make sure it’s salty enough. You can also add some extra fresh ground pepper.
9. The dough should be ready by now (it’s always a perfect timing that the meat is ready at the same time as the dough), so just pour the meat mixture over the top of the dough allowing and inch of space around the edges. Take the mozzarella slices and place them evenly over the top.
10. Bake for another 18 – 20 min until the cheese on top melts completely.
It’s done and it didn’t take too much work or too much time. You even had enough time to clean the kitchen before the pizza was done.
Click here to view original recipe source
You have successfully signed up!